Welcome to the White Rock Farmers' Market Blog. From the somewhat unique postion of being a vendor, a director and a customer, I hope to give you a mostly unbiased view of the WRFM! I hope to introduce you to vendors, customers, and even some of the dogs that visit the market. If you would like to be the 'customer of the week', well just stop by and introduce yourself at the Wyndson Farm booth. I'll take your picture and ask you a few questions about the market, and then you can see yourself here.

There will be information about new things at the market, and any other trivia that I can come up with. Suggestions and pictures are always welcome, and comments too.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Doggy Days



I've decided that I was overly ambitious when I first started this blog, thinking that I'd be a reporter type, and be chatting to people and getting their information to pass on to you here.  I've decided that I'm really not cut out for that sort of thing, and sometimes I don't have the time, or don't think about it in time, or just don't want to be bothered.
So you'll just have to settle for what you get:)

Last Sunday was Doggy Days at the market, so there was an even wider variety of dogs there than usual.  Last year the 'Dog Show' was held on the grass behind the vendors directly across the roadway from where we are set up, but this year it was held on Russell Street at the far end of the market, so by the time I got myself up there, I think I missed some of it.

Last year myself with Jake and Luna, and another vendor with her two little dogs, put on a small agility demo.  The crowd loved it, and I enjoyed doing it, but it was one heck of a lot of work along with trying to be a vendor there as well.  Just the whole logistics thing of getting some equipment there with the two small vehicles we have, one of which is already loaded to the roof on a Sunday morning.  So in the end I decided to give it a pass this year.

So here's a few of the pictures I took.  There are some better ones here

A Bouvier takes a break.  Ahhhhh....that cold pavement feels good on my belly


A Wire haired Daschund



A cute little Chihuahua.  Don't quote me on this, but I think it won the smallest dog class.



And this one looks like a Japanese Chin.



And here's Teddy!
I'm guessing a Poodle or mix or there could be some Bichon there too.



Don't you just love how he smiles:)  He looks so happeeeee



And this Poodle likes to blend into the background



The Sali group was there, doing a dog wash to raise funds.


This dog was rather reluctant to use the ramp to get into the bath.  I don't blame him...



So he got the ol' heave ho and in he went



Once he was in there though, he seemed to be almost enjoying it.



And this little guy gets towelled dry after his bath. I don't know if they were using warm water or not, but it wasn't a very warm day.




Dad and daughter discuss the strategy for the kids and dogs trick class



Both little girls did an awesome job



And Judge Julia Byrnes of Sound and Furry dog training decided they were both worthy of a prize, and I agree.
Julia judged one of Calli's first ever agility runs, back in 2002



And just behind our tent, two Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers, yeah that's a mouthful, so they are usually just called Tollers or Duck Tollers, got acquainted.  Well they did, although my photo doesn't exactly show that:)



And Jake, the fake Toller, reminded me that there were dog treats on the table, ya know, that should be handed out


Jake was happy how the day turned out though.  Maya and her owner decided that he could share their frisbee, so he got in a game of fetch.  And Jake looooves playing fetch.



Hey, what about me?  How come I'm stuck in this freaking jail?

No comments:

Post a Comment